Pages

3.17.2010

Sunshine In My Soul

I've been sitting in a library for an hour after a terrible midterm with a macadamia calorie infused cookie in hand and do I feel down? No way! What is my remedy for such positivity? Sunlight. Honestly I think light is the best medicine to any broken heart, cold, depression, you name it. I can't remember a time when after feeling terrible I went outside and didn't feel some rejuvenation. I remember once getting into a really bad fight with my mom and dad (about something so ridiculous) and I stomped out of the house. It was sunday morning and I was already in my sunday dress. No way in heck was I going to church with those losers... I didn't ever want to see their faces again! So I drove away without any indication where I was going and ended up on a bench at the fish pond. It was pretty early and I had walked almost the whole trail in my high heels... I had about 20 minutes before church started so I could make but in my attitude the chances of such were looking low. I sat and moped on a bench by my favorite tree on the north side near the creek. It is seriously beautiful if you walk down... So i climbed up and dangled my feet over the water. I said hello to a few people I knew who were walking by on the trail and they all gave me a confused look. Finally I just got hit by this HUGE stream of light. The clouds had parted and it suddenly turned into a gorgeous day. I smiled and closed my eyes and felt instantly better. Why was I mad over something so stupid? I couldn't even remember what it was about by the time I was feeling completely better. I hopped off the tree and made it to sacrament just in time where I sat down beside my parents who didn't even blink an eye to see me come back. I love sunlight! It's not just a bunch of rays coming down on you... It's emotions. Sure it burns my skin, but thats not it's fault its my lack of pigmentation. I am so happy it's spring finally... It got pretty risky up here when the weather was really bad. I felt like giving up. I even went and bought vitamin D supplements... haha. No use. I needed the real thing and now I finally have it. I love spring, blue skies, shorts, and the never ending heat. I'm so happy winter is finally done!

1 comment:

  1. Next winter you will just have to take up tanning. That way you can get all the harmful UV rays you need that make you happy in like 6 minutes. Although it does cause skin cancer so I'm not sure if it's a great trade off.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...