Pages

6.06.2011

Let Me See If You Can Run It, Run It.

Sometimes I'm a little impulsive and it can either be for good or for bad. Today I did something and I can't quite decide which it was. This morning I called and set up a job interview so to reward myself I did absolutely nothing for most of the afternoon. I read a bit, I put a face mask on, and enjoyed watching Toy Story 3 for the first time. To say it was a lazy day is an understatement, but I will cherish it in my heart forever. Anyways so I ended up going to a movie and then coming home because I was tired. As we drove home though, I looked outside at the rain and had a huge urge to run. Just a little fact, I love rain more than anything. I got inside and grabbed what I hoped was a raincoat (which it thankfully ended up being), put on my gear, and off I was! It was wonderful. It wasn't cold and I loved the sound of the tink tink tink on my hood, which is perfection in my eyes... or ears? Anyways I ran around town and planned to do a 1/2 k sprint to the house to finish off strong. I rounded the corner and started running a little harder against the wind. I was feeling the burn after about 100 m, hoooooly, but I promised myself I would keep running. I slowed to a jog and looked around. It was seriously beautiful. The sky was purple and as I ran I felt like I was in a Nike commercial or one of those boxing movies preparing to fight in the final the next day. I might have even done a few air punches... So sue me. I was starting to tire out with about 100 meters left. I tried to think of how beautiful everything was and closed my eyes to soak it in and take my mind off the fact of how out of shape I was. I smiled and felt the rain on my face. I listened to my feet hitting the pavement. I started to form the words, "I can do this!" but couldn't quite because I was suddenly on my butt on the ground... staring up at a parked van.

Embarrassing right? I, Kelsey Scott, ran into a parked car. I have a bruise on my thigh to prove it. It surprisingly doesn't hurt that much... Or maybe my pride is hurt too much to feel physical pain yet. Either way, I am an idiot. I blame the education system.

Maybe next time I'll think twice about when I run... and keep my eyes open too.

Oh, and P.S. up until that little incident I really did love running out there. It made me wanna do a fist pump like Judd Nelson off The Breakfast Club.

Glorious.

So really, I can't quite decide whether this impulse was good or not.

3 comments:

  1. oh man, laughed out loud a little too hard reading that one! you're the greatest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...