Pages

1.03.2010

twenty. ten.

So I guess it's 2010. When the crap did that happen? Honestly I swear it was just the other day I was sitting on Mom and Dad's bed watching the countdown for 2000; tangible excitement in the air as we awaited and wondered what the new millenium would bring. Well actually I wasn't all that excited for the millenium, more for the new N64 I'd just gotten. Ok, maybe it was a while ago haha. But to get back on track I pondered this date today. I have to admit I am a little disappointed in man kind. You'd think so far in the future we'd finally have rocket jet packs or at least flying cars (anybody remember that "That 70s Show" episode?). So while criticizing what a loser planet we seem to be I suddenly realized... What have I even done? Honestly, what have I even accomplished the past year? It was a little mind boggling and I found myself distraught. To make myself feel even worse, a few hours later I got asked: "What are your New Years resolutions?" and I have to admit I have never actually set any in my entire life. Not once have I stated what I wanted to accomplish in the next year. So since this blog has opened so new experiences in my life (haha) I've decided to name 5 resolutions, but really only expect to accomplish 2. It doesn't matter what ones it is, I will do them and at least try to accomplish all 5 for the next month. You may think I don't hold high expectations for myself but does anyone remember when I wanted to be a chef and got all that cooking stuff for Christmas? There is your evidence.


New Years Resolutions:

1. I will record one song and show it to more than 5 people. I write all these compositions and things on the piano and never ever show them to anyone. 


2. I'm going to get a job at Chapters and live happily throughout the summer telling people my opinions on the latest great fantasy series. (dream big!)


3. I'm going to run, swim, and bike enough to be able to be a member of a team for the Magrath Triathlon. I've always wanted one of the real t-shirts, not the lame ones the volunteers wear.


4. I will not go home between classes and watch the OC. or sleep. or eat nutella. (Eat nutella during classes, not all together, that would just be wrong.)


5. To actually accomplish one of these resolutions, haha just kidding. I will get over my phobia of parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...