Pages

1.19.2010

The Not-So-Greats and The Greats.

Today was the most average, grey, depressing day ever. Nothing particularly bad happened that I haven't dealt with before but for some reason I was stripped of my enthusiasm. It just fell out of my pocket onto the street, was swept away by traffic, and no I'm too lazy to go look for it. I need a new hobbie; something that makes me exert myself. I think being inside and never moving is getting to me. I actually could cry Justin Timberlake a river right now just because of the fact that my bra strap is tighter on one side than the other. Either it's just one of those days or I'm clinically depressed, but I need to get out of this funk ASAP before this becomes "the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world". Oh and sorry for all the 90s hits references, it comes with this mood I guess.
 I feel so frustrated with life. I just want to go to a college where my classes are picked for me, do a course that only takes a year, and get on with life and have some fun. The next vacation I'll be going on that I'll be paying purely with my own earned money will be in what... 5 years? I'm having some serious doubts about my career choice. I know I'm meant to be a teacher, we've all heard the great story of my realization, but can't they just hurry it up already? Can I please stop being a freshman? Maybe this is a test, but don't those usually last two hours tops? OR Maybe I'm just being taught to be thankful for what I do have and stop whining. I think that's what I'll do. I'm going to make a list of the greats in my life to pick me up.

1. I am finally in a class where the professor loves me and my writing. oh and bonus, we get to read in british accents to help with the "flow" of the medieval lyrics.
2. I have a wonderful family who accepts me and loves me and would go kamikaze on just about anyone for me.
3. Roommates I've learned to love and care for who have helped me understand certain things in life such as: patience, and forgiveness, and the value of a clean kitchen.
4. Great friends. I feel like I'm surrounded by generally good people. I don't think I have many, if any, friends I wouldn't introduce to my parents.
5. I have the gospel with it's divine truths that are so influential in my life they seem to be embedded in my very soul. It has literally been my rock at school and without it I would be in a tangled web of confusion trying to figure everything that I'm being taught out. It's my greatest blessing.
6. I've travelled parts of the world and I still know that I grew up in one of the best places on Earth. You may call it a bubble negatively, but I personally love bubbles. In nursery at my home ward they have a bubble machine and I'm secretly jealous. And, that had nothing to do with Magrath being a bubble... haha oops. But I'm very happy I grew up close to beautiful mountains, around people who love me and share my standards.
7. I have writing in my life. Honestly I don't know what I would do if I didn't have it. Insanity would most likely occur... It's something so definite to who I am that I can't imagine my life any different. To all those who say English isn't a real major: watch yourself; I will punch you in the throat.
8. I just realized there is still another bag of ham and cheese buns that my mom sent up. I thought I had run out but now my spirits are lifted.

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey after reading this sad blog I realized why you are so sad... it is all because of a certain cute boy who you love dearly and do not get to see as often as you should. Don't worry he loves you too and you are surely one of his favorite people and now that you are home this weekend you can snuggle him and hold him as much as you want! (You knew I was talking about Jace right? haha) Glad you are home and we miss you like crazy when you are gone. And just for the record you know i would beat anybody up (or get beat up trying:)) if they were bothering you. love ya tons

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.
    Just so you know I think your blog looks very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...