Pages

1.13.2010

Je Suis Canadien.

So today I sat in my apartment thinking nothing extraordinary was going to happen, but lo and behold Jordan came home and informed me that the olympic torch was passing just two blocks away from our apartment in about ten minutes! VERY COOL. We ran down there as fast we could as vans full of bands drove by getting everyone pumped up. At first I couldn't make it out while everyone screamed about seeing it, then i realized it was that orange thing low to the ground. Why was it so low? After a while I realized it was a man in a wheel chair and Janna told me he used to play hockey until he got injured and is now paralyzed. It was really cool to see. He looked so happy and it was great to see the streets filled with eager and excited people. I've never felt so patriotic in my whole life, which is embarrassing to admit. On a sad note though, I forgot to wear my olympic gloves there 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...