Pages

2.23.2011

Food For Thought

Since it's reading week I've been doing some reading about education for a presentation coming up. Lately I've been really into C.S. Lewis and he had some nice quotes that did and didn't go along with my project. Now he is a cool cat, and I love the way he speaks. Did you know he is the most frequently quoted person in conference that's not a general authority? Here are some favorites I've read this past week. They're mostly just applicable to my life right now but I hope you like them.


"Can a mortal ask questions which God finds unanswerable? Quite easily, I should think. All nonsense questions are unanswerable."

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil."

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it."

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way."


And the one I'm using as my presentation theme:

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts."



Oh, and P.S. I love Victoria. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...