Pages

10.04.2010

Progress.

You know what I realized? Girls are so hard on themselves. We all have perfect expectations for ourselves and most of the time there's no leniency for any amounts of failure. It's really deteriorating to our spirits. Whatever happened to just loving ourselves? To accepting the fact that not everything always turns out right? So what if I want to have one  measly cookie? I just really noticed this weekend how constantly degrading I am to myself. Around other girls it's almost my whole point of conversation. I must be the most annoying person to talk to.

So, this morning when I felt frumpy and ugly and overloaded with school I decided to get rid of negative thoughts. Yes, I don't have the same body I did when I was 14, but what's wrong with curves? Aren't I always complaining of lacking a chest? Well here they are! haha. Sure, my hair is especially orange today, but who else has the same colour as me? No one. I decided I am going to go on a negative thoughts fast. Whenever a negative thought about myself or anyone comes to mind, I'm going to replace it with one thing I like. Hopefully by the end of this it will be the positive thoughts that naturally come to mind. When I feel like a failure I'll remind myself of all the things I've accomplished. Most women are not failures, they just have the idea in their head that they are. How about instead of busying our lives with worries and unnecessary actions we sit and remind ourselves of what we've accomplished, how beautiful we are, and that there is always tomorrow to be better. It's about the progress, not the perfection.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to start off by saying your hair is not orange it is strawberry blonde;) and jade says it is by far her favorite color of hair to dye/ highlight because it looks great with every color. Second of all you R GORGEOUS!!! Love you. P.S. R u majoring in English? If not you should you are very well written.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...