Pages

10.18.2010

I Think I Have An Obsession With Old People

First of all, I like these, this, and this.

Second of all, I am obsessed with old people and everything about them. Scott told me the other day I dress like an old lady. Now you'd think I would be insulted, but you would be wrong. I was elated. What a compliment! The other day Jesse asked me if I wanted to be old ladies for halloween and showed me some pictures of her friends who had done it last year... I couldn't stop staring at what they were wearing. I love wool, I love high pants, I love gaudy gold jewelry and broaches. When I go to thrift stores on dates or for fun to joke around I'm actually thinking: "I wish I could wear all of this everyday." On the outside I'm a 19 year old girl, but on the inside I am as old as grandmother willow. You give me Jeopardy and Antique Roadshow any day (please and thank you) and I'll give you a happy heart. I think my body is even starting to register that, I may or may not have arthritis and I am starting to resemble the hunchback of notre dame, but only in that both of our backs are hunched. All I can say is:

Bring on the seasonal sweaters! 
Bring on the knobby fingers and a cute husband with suspenders! 
Bring on AGE!


Oh, and we (scott and I) decided on a halloween costume... it's pretty obvious if you think about it.

Yep, Ron and Hermione. With the new movie coming out we had to, ya know?




5 comments:

  1. Not me, not Hermione, YOU. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron and Hermione haha it's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy the old ladies in my ward and want to bust into their houses and steal all their clothes. Where do they FIND all that good stuff?

    I do not, however, welcome arthritis.

    Loved the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you wanna dress like an old lady every day-DO IT! i do and i love every minute of it. except when a complete stranger comes up to me and asks, "why are you doing this to yourself?!" THAT stings a tad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I too enjoy the habits of the elderly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...