Pages

9.17.2011

Over It

I feel like this year is going to be a big change. I've moved, I've decorated, I've studied more than is natural for a first week, I've cried, I've had sleepovers nearly every night, I've ran, I've spoken up, and, when I really feel like giving myself a treat, I've sprawled out on the couch and watched Love it or List it. For me September is always the big one.  I'm always making goals and cleaning out my closet (and I'm not sorry momma... eminem anyone?) But really I do. This year was the annual cleanse of junk in my life. First up was clothes this year. Usually my mom whisks away old things and I never think about them again but this year she took them to a family that needed them and the next day I had a girl at my door thanking me wearing my bright yellow jacket I used to love. I looked at how excited she was and I just felt so satisfied. As I was thinking about it later a quote came to mind from a conference talk (I can't remember which one?). It goes something like"We all have burdens, but it's our choice whether or not to have baggage". I thought of all the unnecessary "stuff" in my life. I thought of Facebook, which I can't seem to let go haha, and texting, and, as much as it pains me to say, the TLC channel. I decided that I was going to, over time, delete these things from my life and that I'm going to do great things this year. I'm going to ace my Shakespeare class even though originally I had no hope... Who am I kidding I still don't have any. I'm going to speak up to those when I feel I should. I'm going to be studious. Like, really really studious. I'm going to be opinionated in the right moments and silent too. I'm going to stay active and be happy. I'm going to get rid of things that don't add value to my life. I'm going to finally do what I want to do and what I feel I should do because frankly sometimes I look back at my life and can't get over the depressing feeling that at some points I really wasted it. So, as both The Hills characters and I like to say:

 "I'm over it."

And I'm moving onto things that are actually going to make my life worth living.

Oh, and P.S. sorry for this cheesy post. I blame it on all the ink shedding I've done in class lately. Here's an even cheesier quote to go along with this. :) haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...