Pages

11.26.2009

Safety for the Soul


"But, behold, I have all things as a testimony that these things are true; and ye also have all things as a 
testimony unto you that they are true; and will ye deny them? Believest thou that these things are true?"



Most definitely my favorite general conference talk was by Jeffrey R. Holland entitled Safety for the Soul. Amazing. Watch it if you can. Just look at his face while he speaks and there's no denying he knows what he knows. It's amazing the spirit his one, strong founded testimony can bring. So can yours! I encourage everyone to bear theirs this next fast sunday. You'll be amazed the immediate blessings! I really don't mean to sound preachy i promise I'm going somewhere with this. I was feeling very out of place at my new YSA ward. Everyone was getting callings, the bishop didn't even know my name, and I found it hard to fit in. One sunday I had prayed and studied my scriptures and asked heavenly father to help me to enjoy church again. So that sacrament meeting as everyone went up to bear their testimony I was literally lifted off my seat (I'm not even kidding!) and all the sudden pouring out my own personal testimony. It was so great because not only was I reminded that what was important was the gospel I also, last sunday, got a calling :) 


To see the talk press on Safety for the Soul in this blog or if that doesn't work try: http://www.lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,23-1-1117,00.html
you're going to have to search a little bit for it


Hearken unto these words and believe in Christ.. (2 Nephi 33:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...