Pages

6.12.2010

I'm In The Middle Of A Drug War

Let me tell you a little about my summer employment. I am the mosquito larvacide dispensing operator; which actually just means I walk around and spray all standing water with a chemical that will most likely give me cancer and make me sterile. It's great. I wear hip-waders and basically hike all day long. Being surrounded by nature is one of my favorite things about it and I've realized that over the past two years I've actually gained a great nature repertoire of knowledge. I've learned what plant is what, what bird is what and it's call, and lately just how gosh darn cute baby deer are when they're brand new... I'm thinking of stealing one in particular and domesticating it as my pet. Anyways, to get back on track, I see some freakin' weird stuff. Animal skulls of every variety, snakes, giant spiders, you name it I've pretty much seen it... but I recently found something I never expected. I was walking along my usual trails (the whereabouts will remain disclosed for obvious reasons) when all the sudden I noticed this fenced off area. Why the crap is a fence out here in the middle of nowhere? I thought to myself. So I walked over and lo and behold I find: a marijuana grow-op. I quickly calculated the amount of money I could make by selling them (I dunno why that was my first thought?) then realized I was actually freaked out and booked it out of there. You see though, this is a prime area where I HAVE to spray at. It's pretty much mandatory. So I gingerly keep going back every single day and I am almost 82% sure the owners know I discovered them. The other day I saw a woman just standing a ways away from it and when she saw me she booked it to her greasy looking van and sped off. Then yesterday as I was returning to head to coffee break I noticed a man just standing by my truck staring at me... I am officially rattled. I actually today debated in my mind the pros and cons of the witness protection program; it's not for me. What's a girl to do when she's possibly getting sucked into a hideous drug web? This is just too weird.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...